The mission of the Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce The mission of the Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is to promote business from start up to fruition, utilizing the success of our diverse community and the resources of our chamber members. We provide education and networking opportunities along with access to capital and other business connections. We foster economic growth that creates and sustains prosperity for the benefit of all people while promoting the awareness and preservation of the Hispanic culture in our area.
In order to truly give our community the chance to thrive and overcome the challenges that we have been presented with for generations, it starts with our youth. So we want them to get involved now at a critical time in their life. A time where they can truly grow and learn skills that they most likely won’t learn at such a pivotal early age.
The Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Junior Board is designed to help achieve this. This group will be composed of high school students and college students (age 15 to 20) who share an interest in promoting the community and business prosperity through advocacy and network development.
Mission of the Junior Board
The mission of the Junior Board is to learn how to become influential leaders in the business environment in order to affect change in their schools, families and community.
What do Junior Board Members do?
- Learn about the community of the Central Valley and the businesses and organizations within
- Learn how to conduct meetings, outreach, public speaking, group decision-making, and networking
- Develop project ideas, project management, and implementation
Benefits of being a Junior Board Member:
- Gain a high-quality, organized, and focused volunteer experience
- Learn to collaborate with local businesses, city government, and other community agencies and organizations
- Learn how to lead and follow for community betterment
- Serve as Ambassadors for the Central California Hispanic Chamber and Fresno County
Who can apply?
- Young people between the ages of 15-20 who live or attend school in the Central Valley area.
- Anyone interested in helping their community.
- Want to learn about leadership development, action planning and group decision making.
- Like working in groups, expressing opinions, and having fun
What is the time commitment?
- Ten months starting in January 2023 and ending in October 2023. Time commitment requirements include the following:
- Monthly board meetings will typically be held the 4th Thursday at 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tentative meeting schedule:
o January 26, 2023 – Orientation
o February 23, 2023
o March 23, 2023
o April 27, 2023
o May 25, 2023
o June 22, 2023
o July 27, 2023
o August 24, 2023
o September 28, 2023
o October 26, 2023
Students must coordinate their own transportation to and from meetings.
To remain a member in good standing, students may not have more than two (2) unexcused absences.
• Committee Meetings will be called as needed.
• Volunteer Opportunities:
Community Clean Ups, Community Events, Chamber Events
Volunteer hours will be verified for those needing to complete them.
Students must coordinate their own transportation to and from volunteer opportunities.
- Complete the application packet which includes: Application Form, Commitment Statement, and Participation Agreement or Parent Permission Form (for those under the age of 18) by January 13, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Please submit signed copies by email to email@example.com or deliver to the Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Office, 1535 E Olive ave Suite 102, Fresno, Ca 93728.
- You will be notified as soon as possible within submission of your application.
- Download Application: CCHCC Junior Board Application 2023